Saturday, February 21, 2009

Reading Response #5

The thesis in this text is about a man from Pakistan. He lived in the Bronx, and he was working in a restaurant and returned to his village. Taliban fighters wearing masks, accused him of being an American spy and kidnapped. The writing technique that author uses is informative, because the article tells us and what’s going on in the U.S. and Pakistan. Also the author uses very strong words that grabs everybody attention. That showed me how the man felt, when he was kidnapped by Taliban people. I compare this article to a news story that was going on in Colombia, a women who got kidnapped by a group of Colombian soldiers that was sent by the leader of Colombian soldiers. She was kidnapped for six years. Recently, about 6 months ago she has been released. In my opinion, I would be so scared because in your mind the first thing you think about they are going to kill me. You don’t what’s going to happen to you in that moment. The meaning of this article, is to be very careful at what you do and how you do things. Also the people who are around you. The one part of this article that left me thinking, was why they kidnapped him, and who sent them to kidnap him. Also how did they find out, that he was in New York. The part that wasn’t clear to me, was where did they keep and how long was he kidnapped for, and how was he released.
The word that I need a definition was Taliban.
Taliban- A Muslim fundamentalist group in Afghanistan.

1 comment:

amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.