Thursday, March 5, 2009

Moe's Reading Response

North Country was a great movie about this lady who was a mother of two kids. In my opinion the thesis was, women getting harassed by co-workers and not getting the same fair treatment as everyone else in the union. The entire story of the movie talked about the mother trying to get equal rights for herself so she could keep her job. I thought that she would have quit after all the insults that she got from the men in the mining company. The individual that I saw in this movie was the mother, Josey. The system in the movie has to be the court that she fights to get her rights near the end. The movie was all about how the mother got so many problems from having a job at the mine, and even though her father worked at the mine, he never actually helped her out until the end of the movie in court. I think that I’ve learned to be grateful of all the benefits I have of being treated the way I am, whether its at work or school, and I have respect for everyone around me. This movie showed us how people can be really ignorant by thinking that they are better than the other gender. This movie reminds me of our economy and how many people are struggling to make a living and how prices everywhere are going up. I decided to define Methodist. Methodist means a person who relies greatly on or excessively on a specific method.

No comments: