Sunday, February 14, 2010

Figurative Language

"There were giant bald patches from where his hands slipped, and I looked like a mental patient."
"A soft breeze cut around the sleigh hill and a few clouds pocked the long sky."
"True, I don't look so good by the end of the day and probably smell like eau de toilet and sweat, but it's the brilliant green-and-yellow uniform that gives me away, like prison clothes on a fugitive."
".. lay slain by a cane that sailed through the air and came down through the room.."

3 comments:

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe said...

"I Flash on the scene from my own childhood"


"If you want to be fit, just fire your cleaning lady and do it yourself"

"Seems its marble walls have been bleeding"

Cheri Nader said...

1). "Maids, as an occupational goup , are notvisible, and when we are seen we are often sorry for it."
2). "They wake it up tickling it with their finger".

3)."Giant bald patches from where hishands slipped,and I looked like a mental patient."

4)."There's something else working againstmy mood of muscular elation."