Thursday, April 8, 2010

MISSING CATEGORY IN THE 2010 CENSUS

The census is take every ten years. This procedure is doen to take an official count of a particular population. Families are to answer questions about their ethnicity, race, age, gender, and questions relating to the amount of people in the house. Family memebers are to review their household budget and spending.

During the last census, surprisingly the leading population was whites with 79.8% and the second highest was population was blacks with 12.8%. No one took notice that the same year Americans have lost jobs and their houses. The uemployment rate was decreasing at a steadily rate. To our surprise the percentage of homeless people in the same year was 50% African-Americans, 35% whites, 12% Hispanics, and 1% Asian.

" I answered every question, but was stuck on where it was asked, How many memebers in the household?" said Dorothy W. " I knew the answer to that question, but was hesitant since I did not own a house. While filling the survey out, I was hoping this time, the census would ask the MAIN question." " If we were homeless or not?" said Dorothy W.

"I wondered why they did not ask this question. I mean since the economy is doing such hard work to increase more jobs." questioned Dorothy. The rate of unemployment has sky rockted during our stable economy. Numerous people lost their jobs, which resulted in not being to pay their house mortgage. Families became bankrupt and ended up having foreclosures.

" I had a forclosure, too. So do i still fill out the census?" questioned Emily G. " I believe many others like me have become homeless during this stable economy. So do we still need to fill out the census. If we do, how coem we are not asked the most sensible question at this time?" " I mean I'm sure if the question is asked, we would be the highest population in the 2010 census." said Emily G.

No comments: