Monday, September 28, 2009

Faces of the dead in Iraq

When I saw the page about the many dead soldiers in Iraq I was a bit sad about the amount. Each little square represented the death of a soldier and seeing that the the list is not even complete made it more depressing. How many more soldiers need to die for the war to end?

Just imagining that each person in that list had a life, family, and friends makes it really depressing. The pain that their family is going through is unimaginable.

At the same time I'm thinking that this is a war and casualties are to be expected and the soldiers that went to war expected it too. I have a few friends that left to Iraq and came back. I have had conversations with them regarding their choice to sign up for the armed forces and what were their expectations. They told me that they know what they signed up for and that although it is sad when there are casualties they know what they are doing for their country.

No comments: