Friday, September 25, 2009

Faces of the Dead

As I was looking through the faces of the dead I felt an overwhelmed feeing of sadness. I know that they volunteered and that they are just trying to protect our country, but why them? There are a mix of younger people and other people, and I can't even imagine how their families feel. These people are dead because of us. They should be alive creating a life for themselves;they should be creating a future. Instead of this they are buried in the ground. I have so much respect for them and their decision to die with what they wanted to do. It just worries me because my friend Joe is leaving very soon for the military. It makes me worry that he will become one of these faces. He is such an amazing person and I don't understand how he wants to go and do this, but it's his choice and it's what he wants to do. All there is to do is support him and hope for the best. I would love to talk to the families of the lost ones. I want to know what their opinions are about this whole war and how our soldiers are being killed everyday. As much as I'm against the war, I respect and support our soldiers. There is no way that I could go out there and do what they do. They our distracting them in Iraq, and I believe that is the reason why they haven't attacked us again. Everyone should have respect for our soldiers. Whether you like it or not, they die for us.

Halie Sanchez

No comments: