Friday, September 25, 2009

Faces of the Dead

While looking at "Faces of the Dead," I felt guilty of all the lives being lost. I feel responsible, as an American, for this tragic loss. When I first saw the photograph, I assumed it was just one soldier that had lost his life. But as I scrolled around the picture, I noticed that there were hundreds of soldiers that had to go too soon. This tragic loss made me feel disappointed in the American government and the Middle Eastern politicians because I was told this war started for the safety of the universe. However, even after years of fighting and even after billions of dollars spent on weapons and war materials, we have have not gained anything but lives and families being torn. God bless all the families of the victims and may these souls rest in peace. RIP: to all the identified AND unidentified victims of this useless war. 

1 comment:

Cindy said...

i was really shocked by all the peoople that died...you see stuff on the news and they just mention breifly the people that have died in war but you dont really think about it....i think that its sad how many of these people arent recognized!!and theyre just another scquar on that in the picture