Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Two Section: Chitrapongse

Unemployment Leads to Happiness for Americans

In 2008 though 2009, unemployment rate in America has gone up drastically due the to the lack of work companies have for people. The companies themselves are losing millions of dollars from the bad economy America is facing so far. However, thousands of employees are overjoyed being the lucky ones to be unemployed. “I was so sickly happy to be unemployed because what’s better than staying home sitting on my butt doing nothing and still get paid?” said Shane Jackson who was working as a bank investor at WaMu for 10 years. Apparently, Americans who are unemployed are getting unemployment benefits now. People are getting free money every two weeks just for sitting on their ass! How great is that?

According to the surveys of the unemployed labor force, people stated that they are finally able to relax for a full year or two after working so hard for so many years. “I don’t think I want to go back to work now. I thought it was great, getting a letter from my manager saying that I was now unemployed. I was so happy that I ran like hell out of that place and I know all the workers were so excited for me too. Before I would see some of the them line up and wait anxiously by the manager’s door hoping to be the next person he calls in to be unemployed,” said John Black who was recently unemployed.

Cases show that America is becoming more of laid back country now that unemployment rate has increased. Australia is recognizing our new life style now and they are giving us the “thumbs up”. Americans can now have more opportunity to spend time with spouse and children. People are a lot healthier now because they don’t need to stress about work as much anymore. Psychologist experts stated that Americans are so happy and cheerful now. There is no more violence or drug abuse because parents are getting more involved with their children’s lives instead of being stuck at work all the time. The crime rate has gone down dramatically because of the unemployment rate. “I think it’s better this way because now life is easy for me because I don’t need to work for my money now. Look how fat I got!” said Hugh Chommy another recently unemployed person who lives with his mother now. People believe America is surely on the right path!

No comments: